Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Liz's Delicious Pumpkin Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Liz shared this delicious recipe with me and I wanted my family and friends to enjoy it as well! I am picky when it comes to pumpkin things. I love the flavor, but there's nothing worse to me than undercooked pumpkin. If you like these more gooey, cook them for less time (Liz does it for 10 mins). If you're like me and want them not gooey at all, cook them for the alloted time of 14-15 mins. I feel like 14 is perfect for me, but experiment yourself. And...my cookies look nothing like these, but maybe it's because I use wheat flour.





Step 1
 -2  cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt

Step 2
- 1 cup unsalted butter  (Liz mixes 1/2 c. butter and 1/2 c. coconut oil)
-1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar

Step 3
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 TB vanilla extract

Step 4
- 2 cups rolled oats (oatmeal)
Step 5
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chip 



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.

2. Next beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until well creamed together.

3. Now add in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Beat until combined well.

4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.

5. Next, stir in your oats. Mix well.
6. Stir in both the white and dark chocolate chips.

7. Drop cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon on to the prepared baking. sheet.

8. Bake cookies for 14-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. DO NOT OVER COOK. They will seem a little soft, but will firm up as they cool. You want to keep the nice, soft texture! Hope you enjoy these most delicious Pumpkin Oatmeal DOUBLE Chocolate Chip Cookies!




Coyne Family Memory:
I never can think about Halloween without thinking about the year Liz put on a Halloween Carnival for the kids she babysat. That was so fun! I remember bobbing for apples, a fortune teller, ghost stories, popcorn balls, bean bag tosses and a haybale maze. Thanks for all the great memories. I remember how well we all worked together as a family to put it together. I loved baking the popcorn balls with mom (or at least watching her make them). I feel like Liz was the fortune teller...or was it Jodie?  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment